From CSS Discuss
This blog shows a different and unique way of Presentation Skill on the CSS Sheets topic and also clears many narrow points about the topic.
With CSS level 2, it is possible (and preferred) to lay out webpages purely using CSS. In the past, authors used Table Design to lay out pages, but this has significant disadvantages.
See Css Positioning - a very brief summary of absolute, relative and fixed positioning.
There are different ways to use CSS in laying out pages:-
- Absolute Layouts : techniques based on "position: absolute"
- Float Layouts : techniques based on the "float" property
- Fixed Layouts : useful for frame-like layouts
Deciding between absolute and float layouts, the pros and cons:-
- Absolute Or Float Layout : pros and cons of each technique
Ready made layouts:-
- Footer Info : demo links of footer positioning methods
How to make all columns appear the same height:-
Newspaper-like layout for more readable text:-
- Border Slants : using borders to create the illusion of non-boxed shapes and layouts.